Are you ready to get your garage in order? If so, don’t panic. Here are some steps you can follow.
How to get your garage in order
- Think about how you currently use your garage and decide how you’d prefer to use the space. Maybe you use it for storage but you’d like to do woodworking or other projects there.
- Make a list of the types of stuff in your garage (sports and camping gear, gardening supplies, etc.) Now make a list of what you’d like to keep in there after it’s been organized.
- Set a deadline for getting the job done. Perhaps tie it to an event so you’ll have a better shot at achieving your goal.
- Assemble trash bags and/or containers, protective gloves, storage boxes, marking pens, and storing bins.
- Designate areas for “keep” and “don’t keep”. You can even subdivide this into “trash”, “give away,” and “sell.” Plow forward systematically instead of jumping around from pile to pile.